* Hodge (if there is one)
* Adam is now officially David
* Thank you to our armed service members past and present
* Five Guys hamburgers is sexworthy
* Luke has closed his business and is now a hobo
* James is listing his gaming books here. Mention that you heard about it from the Podge (before paying, obviously) and get 10-25% off!
* Buy Storm Cloud, David and Luke’s (et al.) anthology
* Different methods of character generation
* Pre-flighting your character
* Character-Focused (Who-What-Why?)
* Mechanics-Focused (What-Why?)
* Character Optimization and the Brilliant Gameologists
* Character-Study Approach
* Joe’s char-gen notes are available in Plus 1 (really, we promise!)
* Congratulations Bear Swarm, you’re a year old! How did that happen?
* V3 is June 6th (V3 location information will appear at the end of our episodes beginning with episode 42)
* Last week’s contest Google doc form is here (click the link). We also clarify evolutionary items.
* Campaign Design, the Bottom Up approach. You can find an outline, and actual notes on the Plus 1 page.
* What beginning steps mirror the Top Down approach.
* Character generation and the character theme
* Establishing conflict
* The Character Domino Effect
* Adventure (non-character) focused Bottom Up design
* The Fog of War
* All podcasters are liars, except for 3/4 of the PodgeCast
* A SECOND CONTEST! Go ahead and click here to open the form and submit.
* Matt goes insane
* Luke writes a column on Ideology of Madness: The Wizard Sleeve
* Ideology also had their Week of Mice with Weapons
* Donate your old cell phones to Cell Phones for Soldiers
* Deadliest Warrior and other cool TV shows. Adam kept calling it Ultimate Warrior, which is a crappy show. This is the actual show Deadliest Warrior.
* Luke needs playtesters for “Project MG.” Email him at email@example.com
* Adam is going to record a bonus video to show you how to “double record” if you’re looking for alternative recording methods
* Campaign Design, the Top Down approach. You can find an outline, and actual notes on the Plus 1 page.
* Pre-Planning Phase
* The Three Pillars of System Selection
* Pre-Player Phase (PPP or P3)
* Scope Your Game
* Evolutionary Items (like a Monkey Trial)
* The Fun Cooker
* Organizations and our inherent nature to group
* Character Generation and Player Input
* Why (and why not) to plan your first show
* Why (and why not) to use box text
* Matt’s campaign document is on the Plus 1 page in the Episode Resources
* Scoping this discussion
* Announcing…THE CONTEST! You can enter here.
*Joe is sick – send him retroactive good vibes
*Special Guest Host: Jenn from The Trapcast.
*Our second Live episode is recording on 3/31. Come join us online! You can find the live episode here.
*Adam cites his funniest moment in podcast courtesy of Downunder Gamers
*Adam challenges us to build a setting in thirty minutes and brags how easy it is
*Listen as too many cooks prove Adam wrong.
*Joe’s true destiny
*We find out we just inadvertently played the first part of a Primetime Adventures game.
*Silent, but taco